What is the Step Functions service and when to use it.
How to chain Lambda functions together as a workflow.
How to trigger Step Functions using API Gateway and CloudWatch Events.
How to wait for human input using activities.
Monitoring and debugging Step Functions.
- What is Step Functions? FREE PREVIEW
- What is Step Functions - useful links FREE PREVIEW
- A tour of the Step Functions console FREE PREVIEW
- When to use Step Functions? FREE PREVIEW
- 7 types of states FREE PREVIEW
- Managing execution state FREE PREVIEW
- Error handling FREE PREVIEW
- Error handling - useful links FREE PREVIEW
- Monitoring and debugging FREE PREVIEW
- Service limits FREE PREVIEW
- Service limits - useful links FREE PREVIEW
- Serverless framework and Step Functions
- Chaining function calls
- Parallel tasks
- Using Pass state to modify execution state
- API Gateway
- API Gateway - useful links
- CloudWatch Event
- CloudWatch Event - useful links
- What are activities? FREE PREVIEW
- Using activities in Step Functions
- Configuring activities in serverless.yml
- Configuring activities in serverless.yml - useful links
- Best Practices
- try-catch FREE PREVIEW
- Congratulations and further learning
Hi, my name is Yan Cui. I'm an AWS Serverless Hero and the instructor of this course. I'm also the author of Production-Ready Serverless by Manning and a regular speaker at user groups and conferences internally.
I am an experienced engineer and have run production workload on AWS for 10 years. I have been an architect and principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I have worked extensively with AWS Lambda in production and have been helping clients around the world adopt AWS and serverless as an independent consultant.